ENT or Ear, Nose and Throat specialist is physician that is trained in medical and surgery treatment procedures of ear, nose and throat along with the related structure areas of the neck and head too. These doctors are expertise to manage ear, nose and throat diseases. These doctors’ treatment areas include nasal passages sinuses, voice box (larynx), upper pharynx of mouth & throat, oral cavity, and cover the structure of face and neck too.
The Ear: Ear disorders treatment is clear domain of an ENT specialist. These experts perform medical treatment as well as surgical procedures for these disorders. They can handle all types of hearing disorders, balance disorders, ear infections, disorders with facial nerves, cranial nerves, and manages congenital & cancerous disorders of the inner and outer ear too.
The Nose: The primary skill of every ENT specialist is nasal cavity and sinus care. They will manage nasal cavity disorders, paranasal sinus, and sense of smell, allergies, nasal respiration and external appearance of nose too.
The Throat: An ENT specialist expertise to treat larynx diseases and upper aerodigestive tract disorder and esophagus disorders of voice respiration and swallowing issues.
The Head & Neck: Infectious diseases, facial trauma, tumor, and deformities of face at the head and neck area will also be treated by an ENT specialist. These experts perform reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgeries for the patients too.
Surgical treatments in this specialty are generally treated through group of specialists. A well trained and qualified ENT specialist will always have good knowledge of all organs and their physical structure at the neck & head region. These ENT specialists virtually can handle all the areas of ear, nose and throat like adenoidectomies, ear aches, tonsillectomies nosebleeds, dizziness, hearing loss, hoarseness, and sinus problems.
Some of Procedures and Treatments Available from ENT Specialist
There are wide array of treatment and surgical procedures available from the present day ENT specialist, but these are performed and planned basing up on the problem and patient’s health history.
- Brainstem Evoked Response Audiometry: BERA test is used to measure responses within the brain waves those are stimulated through clicking sound to verify central auditory path (hearing) of brainstem.
- Cochlear Implants: This Cochlear Implant is a latest advancement device that will convert sound into the electrical energy and its aim is to stimulate cochlear nerve.
- Direct Laryngoscopy: This Direct Laryngoscopy is a visualization procedure for the different parts of larynx and hypo pharynx.
- Ear Surgey-Tympanoplasty: Timpanoplasty is surgery procedure for eradicating disease within the middle ear portion and for reconstructing the entire hearing mechanism.
- Ear Syringing: This Ear Syringing is a best OPD procedure that is used to remove wax, debris and foreign bodies from the era.
ENT Procedures are
- Myringotomy insertion
- Pre-auricular Sinus surgery
- Facial Nerve Decompression
- Sinus Surgery
- Endoscopic CSF Repair
- Orbital Decompression
- Optic Nerve disorder
- Nasal maxillofacial fracture repair
- Coblation tonsillectomy
- Coblation adenoidectomy
- Tongue Tie Release
- Salivary Gland Surgery
- Neck Cyst and Sinus Surgery
- Cancer Surgery