Spine surgery is also called as Lumbar Spine Surgery too. Any surgery that is carried out in lumbar spine or between one or the many of the L1-S1 levels or lower back is called now by doctors as Lumbar surgery. This surgery is currently taken up in two types as Lumbar Decompression and Lumber Fusion. These surgeries are comprised of common and routine surgical procedures for lower back portion of the body.
Lumbar Decompression: The main aim of this decompression surgery is to relieve the pain that is caused due to nerve root and disc material from the nerve root under to relive the pinching of nerve and to provide clear excess room for nerve to heal well. This decompression surgery types are two as laminectomy and microdiscectomy.
Lumbar Fusion: The main aim of this surgery is to control the pain in motion segment within the lower back. This surgery is performed for the cases of disability and pain that caused through lumbar degenerative disc disease or through spondylolisthesis. This surgery involves usage of the bone graft to control motion at the painful vertebral segment that is in turn will decrease pain generated from joint. Also, these surgeries will use medical devices like spine surgery instrumentation, bone stimulator and bone graft procedure in it too.
There are some alternatives for the Lumbar Fusion and Lumbar Decompression surgery procedures at present and those are:
- Artificial Disc Replacement Procedure.
- Motion Preservation Technological Procedures.
- Vertebral Augmentation procedure.
Spine surgery is definitely little complicate procedure, but experts in the field will make it successful for the patients always. Also, it is not costly affair now unlike earlier too. There are best surgical procedures and equipment available nowadays for this purpose and most of these surgeries is witnessing significant success arte too.
There are some more surgery procedures available to one or more disks, cushion that will separate bones in the spine and those are:
- Diskectomy: This is a surgery procedure to remove all or the part of the disc.
- Foraminotomy: This is another surgery procedure for spine to widen opening in back at the place, where nerve roots leave the spinal column.
- Laminectomy: This surgery aimed to remove lamina, 2 small bones those make vertebra or the bone that spurs in the back. This is performed to eliminate pressure from spinal nerves or in the spinal column.
- Spinal Fusion: This is a procedure fusing the two bones in the back in order to correct well problems in the spine.
Spine Surgery Offered are
- Spinal Cord Surgery
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Spondylitis Treatment
- Micro Endoscopic Surgery For Spine (MES)
- Stereotactic Radio Surgery (SRS)
- Stroke Treatments